More in Business:
- Citrus Heights businesses struggle, adapt to life amid virus crisis March 29, 2020
- Realtor’s Corner: How’s the local housing market holding up? March 29, 2020
- Here’s the 3 concept options for the future of Sunrise Mall March 22, 2020
The Sentinel is making its coronavirus coverage available to all readers, with no subscription required. Please consider a digital subscription for just $3.99/mo. to support local news in Citrus Heights.
Updated 5:17 p.m., March 24–
Sentinel staff report– The City of Citrus Heights and Sunrise MarketPlace are actively encouraging residents to shop local during shelter-in-place orders to help support local businesses while complying with COVID-19 mitigation measures.
Restaurants in the Sunrise MarketPlace, the commercial district around Sunrise Boulevard and Greenback Lane, have opted to respond to mitigation efforts in various ways. Some have temporarily closed, while others are open with reduced hours to offer take-out and delivery.
Dine-in restaurants are no longer able to serve customers due to state and county health orders, except through take-out and delivery.
Below is a partial list of restaurants that are currently open in the Sunrise-Greenback corridor, as listed on the Sunrise MarketPlace website, which is providing consumers with an updated list of businesses that are open in its district:
- Buffalo Wild Wings. Take-out only
- Chuck E Cheese. Carry-out orders and delivery via DoorDash, Uber Eats and GrubHub
- Red Lobster. Take out and delivery orders
- Texas Roadhouse. Take-out only
- Noodles & Co. Pick-up only, or free delivery at noodles.com/order
- Armenian Grill House. Take-out only
- Jamba Juice. Pick-up and delivery available, no reusable cups
- Starbucks (8027 Greenback Ln.). To-go and drive-thru orders only
- Togo’s (8053 Greenback Ln.). Take-out or pick-up orders only
- Dos Coyotes. – Open for take-out and catering orders only. Delivery via Grubhub.
- CA Fish Grill. Take-out only
- Black Bear Diner. Take-out only
- Cold Stone Creamery. Online ordering, carry-ou and delivery via DoorDash and Postmates
- El Tapatio. Take-out only
- Beach Hut Deli. Carry-out
- Chipotle. Carry-out and delivery via DoorDash, Uber Eats and Grub Hub
- Habit Burger. Carry-out and delivery via DoorDash, Uber Eats and Postmates
- India Oven. Carry-out and delivery via DoorDash, Seemless, Uber Eats and Postmates
- KFC. Drive-thru and delivery via Seemless and GrubHub
- La Fiesta Taqueria. Carry-out and delivery via GrubHub, Seemless and Postmates
- Little Caesar’s Pizza. Online ordering for delivery
- McDonald’s. Drive-thru and delivery via UberEats and DoorDash
- Menchie’s. Call to confirm
- Nation’s Giant Hamburger. Carry-out and delivery via DoorDash and Postmates
- Olive Garden. Online ordering for curbside pickup or delivery
- Panera. Take-out and delivery, with online ordering
- Pho ABC. Take-out and delivery
- Pizza Hut. Carry-out and delivery
- Pizza Rev. Online ordering
- Red Robin. Pick-up and delivery via DoorDash
- Round Table Pizza. Phone or online ordering for take-out and delivery
- Royal Indian. Take-out and delivery via Door Dash, UberEats, Postmates and GrubHub
- Smashburger. Order online or via restaurant app
- Taqueria Tres Hermanos. Take-out or delivery via DoorDash
- The Angry Bird. Take-out or delivery via Postmates
- Wasabi. Take-out only, or delivery through GrubHub and DoorDash
- Wendy’s. Drive-thru or free delivery via GrubHub & Postmates ($10 min)
- Wienerschnitzel. Take-out or drive-thru, with online delivery via DoorDash, UberEats and Postmates
Most fast food drive-thru restaurants remain open. Restaurants that are temporarily closed, as of March 20, include Boston’s Pizza Restaurant, Black Angus and all restaurants inside Sunrise Mall.
Restaurants confirmed to be temporarily closed or open in other parts of the city include:
- Beer Dogs. Accepting to-go orders by phone, or DoorDash, PostMates.
- Crepes & Burgers. Announced temporary closure for “approximately 3 weeks.”
- Domino’s Pizza. Pick-up and delivery
- Leatherby’s. Take-out only
- Master Donuts: Temporarily closed, as of March 19
- Pho Viet. Both locations are temporarily closed, as of March 18
- Charlie’s Cafe. Curbside service and to-go orders only
- Tea It. To-go orders only, as of March 19
- Java Cherry. Take-out only
- Sammy’s Restaurant. Casino is closed, but food delivery available through Uber Eats, Postmates and DoorDash.
- Ciro’s Pizza. Offering no-contact delivery and curbside pickup options.
Sentinel readers reported the following restaurants were also open, as of March 21:
- Yalla Yalla Bakery
- Panchito’s Mexican Restaurant
- The Lodge
- The Couch
- Thai Orchid
This list is not comprehensive and restaurant information listed is subject to change, as businesses continue to respond to COVID-19 mitigation measures in various ways.
Know of a restaurant that is open or closed, not already on this list? Let us know: click here. The City of Citrus Heights is also currently compiling a list of all essential businesses and restaurants that remain open and request businesses to submit their email, website and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading The Sentinel. You are either trying to access subscribers-only content or you have reached your limit of 5 free articles per 30 days. Click here to sign in or subscribe.