More in City Hall:
Sentinel staff report–
The next batch of residential streets to be repaved in Citrus Heights will be considered for approval by the City Council on Thursday.
A total of 13 street sections, totaling about two miles in length, are slated to be repaved. A city staff report included in the City Council’s Sept. 12 meeting agenda packet says the streets selected for repaving were chosen “because of the level of deterioration in the pavement.”
The cost of the project is estimated at $1.755 million, with the lowest responsive bidder being Central Valley Engineering & Asphalt, Inc, which came in about $600,000 lower than the highest bid of $2.28 million by Martin Brothers Construction.
Streets to be repaved include:
- Alma Mesa Way. From Dana Butte Way to its southern end.
- Baranga Drive. From Winlock Avenue to Kaplan Way
- Baymore Way. From Sandalwood Drive to its southern end.
- Bix Avenue. The loop off Hilltree Avenue.
- Carrick Court. From Menke Way to its southwest end.
- Cheval Court. From its western end to Amsterdam Avenue.
- Coronet Court. From Minuet Way to its southwest end.
- Glenhurst Way. From Millwood Drive to Saybrook Drive.
- Graham Circle. (Entire street)
- Halifax Street. From Westbrook Drive to 6500 Halifax Street.
- Holm Oak Way. From Garry Oak Drive to Lobata Street.
- Longden Circle. From Arcaro Court to Argo Drive.
- Sunwood Way. From 7317 Starflower Drive to Misty Creek Drive.
Funding for the project will largely come from SB 1 “gas tax” revenue, according to the staff report. $1.45 million will come from SB 1 funds, $100,000 will come from other gas tax revenue, and $300,000 will come from Measure A Maintenance funds.
Once the contract is awarded, work is expected to begin by the end of September.
In July, the city announced it is also pursuing a comprehensive re-evaluation of the condition of more than 200 miles of roadways in Citrus Heights. To read more, see article: City plans comprehensive survey of Citrus Heights road conditions
Thanks for reading The Sentinel. You are either trying to access subscribers-only content or you have reached your limit of 5 free articles per 30 days. Click here to sign in or subscribe.