More in Police:
- Apartment fire on Thanksgiving Day damages 3 units in Citrus Heights November 26, 2020
- Citrus Heights felon arrested with loaded gun, drugs during traffic stop November 25, 2020
- Citrus Heights police seek to nab ‘Grinch’ who stole Christmas decor from yard November 22, 2020
Updated Oct. 15th, 11:18 p.m.–
Sentinel staff report– Citrus Heights police on Tuesday announced the arrest of a 43-year-old resident on numerous charges of child molestation and are asking members of the public or others who may have been victimized to come forward.
In an Oct. 15 news release, police said Citrus Heights resident Jason Earl Hook was arrested, following a child molestation investigation that began last month. The Citrus Heights Police Department’s Investigative Services Division is continuing its investigation, while Hook is held behind bars in lieu of bail listed at $9,999,999.99.
Police said detectives began their investigation on Sept. 8, which resulted in the identification of Hook as the suspect. The department said its investigation also revealed “several other victims,” with incidents dating back as far as 2008.
“All of Hook’s victims were known to him, would visit him at his residence, and some were friends of family members,” police said. The male and female children allegedly involved ranged in age from 8 to 17 years old.
“Although several of Hook’s victims have been identified, it is suspected others are still unknown,” police said.
The alleged molestation incidents all occurred while Hook lived in Citrus Heights at his residence on Birdcage Street, authorities said.
According to police, Hook also taught light saber classes for both Sunrise Community Church and an after school club at San Juan High School. However, a spokeswoman from the San Juan Unified School District said Hook only attended the class several times and was not the instructor nor an employee of the district.
Police said Hook was arrested on Sept. 27 and charged with 25 counts of child molestation, including:
- Four counts of 288 (C)(1) – Lewd act on a child victim 14 or 15 years of age and defendant is 10 years older than the victim.
- Six counts of 288(A) – Lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14 years old.
He is also charged with:
- Seven counts of 288.7(B) – Oral sex act with a child 10 years old or younger.
- Eight counts of 288(B)(1) – Lewd act on a child under 14 using force.
Anyone with information about Hook or the alleged molestation incidents are asked to contact the Citrus Heights Police Department’s Investigative Services Division at (916) 727-5500. Tips can also be left on the department’s crime tip line at (916) 727-5524.
*This story was updated to include comment from the San Juan Unified School District.
Thanks for reading The Sentinel. You are either trying to access subscribers-only content or you have reached your limit of 5 free articles per 30 days. Click here to sign in or subscribe.