Sentinel staff report–
Latest police logs include a 1 a.m. traffic stop on Antelope Road leading to an arrest for a prior warrant, a homeless camp reported near Pizza Hut, a pair of domestic violence arrests, and a stolen vehicle report on Auburn Boulevard.
A Sentinel review of the seven most recent incident logs show a total of 1,099 incidents listed from Oct. 13-19, a decrease from 1,202 the prior week.
Categories of note are included below, along with comparison data from the prior week:
- Animal control: 36 (down from 51)
- 911 hangups: 30 (down from 37)
- Code enforcement: 43 (up from 26)
- Traffic accidents: 34 (up from 31)
- Vehicle violations: 216 (up from 169)
- Theft: 31 (down from 44)
- Homeless-related: 16 (down from 24)
- Vandalism: 5 (down from 13)
- Violent/threats: 34 (down from 40)
- Disturbance: 110 (down from 111)
- Suspicious circumstances: 124 (down from 195)
Arrests by date. Most active arrest day(s) this period: Thursday. Most active arrest day(s) prior week: Friday.
- Thurs., Oct. 19th: 13 arrests
- Wed., Oct. 18th: 5 arrests
- Tues., Oct. 17th: 8 arrests
- Mon., Oct. 16th: 3 arrests
- Sun., Oct. 15th: 5 arrests
- Sat., Oct. 14th: 5 arrests
- Fri., Oct. 13th: 9 arrests
See full police logs on the city’s website: click here.
Citrus Heights police resumed publishing of daily incident logs in March 2023. The department notes that its logs “are not intended as a full and complete list of all police activity,” with some information not displayed for legal reasons, such as arrests of minors. As such, police advise that summary totals based on public logs may differ from weekly incident and arrest totals posted by police on social media.
The department notes on its website that: “All arrested suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty. Additionally, the original crimes, nature of offenses, and charges may be amended or dismissed as further information is made available.”
*Editor’s note: The category of “violent/threats” includes all incidents listed as either: assault, brandishing a weapon, criminal threats report, domestic violence and shots into dwelling/vehicle.
Sentinel staff report--
Latest police logs include a 1 a.m. traffic stop on Antelope Road leading to an arrest for a prior warrant, a homeless camp reported near Pizza Hut, a pair of domestic violence arrests, and a stolen vehicle report on Auburn Boulevard...
Thanks for reading The Sentinel. You are either trying to access subscribers-only content or you have reached your limit of 4 free articles per 30 days. Click here to sign in or subscribe.