Latest police logs include a midnight arrest for DUI on San Juan Avenue, a homeless camp reported at McDonald Field, grand theft on Patton Avenue, and petty theft reported at Sam’s Club.
A Sentinel review of the seven most recent incident logs show a total of 1,251 incidents listed from Nov. 9-15, down from 1,325 the prior week.
Categories of note are included below, with comparison data from the previous seven-day period:
- Animal control: 32 (down from 51)
- 911 hangups: 31 (up from 29)
- Code enforcement: 28 (down from 30)
- Traffic accidents: 39 (down from 46)
- Vehicle violations: 327 (up from 324)
- Theft: 40 (up from 33)
- Homeless-related: 33 (up from 32)
- Vandalism: 6 (down from 8)
- Violent/threats: 23 (down from 31)
- Disturbance: 107 (up from 103)
- Suspicious circumstances: 191 (up from 180)
- All incidents: 1251 (down from 1325)
Arrests by date. Most active arrest day(s) this period: Thursday. Most active arrest day(s) prior week: Tuesday.
- Wed., Nov. 15th: 7 arrests
- Tues., Nov. 14th: 10 arrests
- Mon., Nov. 13th: 7 arrests
- Sun., Nov. 12th: 6 arrests
- Sat., Nov. 11th: 7 arrests
- Fri., Nov. 10th: 7 arrests
- Thurs., Nov. 9th: 13 arrests
See full police logs on the city’s website: click here.
Citrus Heights police resumed publishing of daily incident logs in March 2023. The department notes that its logs “are not intended as a full and complete list of all police activity,” with some information not displayed for legal reasons, such as arrests of minors. As such, police advise that summary totals based on public logs may differ from weekly incident and arrest totals posted by police on social media.
The department notes on its website that: “All arrested suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty. Additionally, the original crimes, nature of offenses, and charges may be amended or dismissed as further information is made available.”
*Editor’s note: The category of “violent/threats” includes all incidents listed as either: assault, brandishing a weapon, criminal threats report, domestic violence and shots into dwelling/vehicle.
Latest police logs include a midnight arrest for DUI on San Juan Avenue, a homeless camp reported at McDonald Field, grand theft on Patton Avenue, and...
Thanks for reading The Sentinel. You are either trying to access subscribers-only content or you have reached your limit of 4 free articles per 30 days. Click here to sign in or subscribe.