More in Letters to the Editor:
- LETTERS: Sylvan Corners, mayor, defunding police February 14, 2021
- LETTERS: Is Citrus Heights joining the ‘Defund the Police’ movement? February 7, 2021
- LETTERS: Housing at Sylvan Corners is a stupid idea January 28, 2021
Letter by Craig Hoppe, Citrus Heights–
I am homeless in Citrus Heights and something has to be done to stop us from canning and going into trash. But for most of us, that means no food or money.
Please help come up with any solutions before it’s to late. We don’t know how we can stay safe and survive. Now we can’t get money.
The recycle centers are closed. We have no money, no food, no home. Most of us who have food stamps are out.
Why can’t the city put port-o-potties on Sayonara Drive and have us camp there until this virus is over? It won’t harm home values on that road, and you have it under surveillance already. Plus the city owns it.
- Councilman proposes using ‘FEMA-type’ trailers for homeless on Sayonara Drive
- Guest Column: Program that paid homeless to work ended in failure. Here’s why
The Sentinel welcomes letters and guest opinion columns about local topics. To submit one for publication,click here.
Thanks for reading The Sentinel. You are either trying to access subscribers-only content or you have reached your limit of 5 free articles per 30 days. Click here to sign in or subscribe.