By Mike Hazlip–
A father and his six-year-old daughter are still recovering after a head-on collision in Citrus Heights left the pair seriously injured, and killed two others.
Fox 40 reported Monday that the father, Cody Jackson, and his daughter, Ollie, were returning home on April 23 in their pickup truck on Auburn Boulevard when the collision occurred. Police believe an SUV travelling the opposite direction crossed into oncoming traffic and collided with the Jackson’s pickup.
More than $20,000 has already been donated through a GoFundMe page to help the two survivors of the crash. According to an update on the donation page, it is unknown if Ollie will ever walk again.
A toy drive for the six-year-old has also been set up by a neighbor, Linda Pfister. Toys can be dropped off at 7518 Wachtel Way, in Orangevale.
“It’s been a blessing,” the Jackson’s grandmother, Michele, told Fox 40. “I’m so amazed at how the community has come together, people we don’t even know.”
Last week’s traffic fatalities were the first in Citrus Heights since October 2018, according to Police Lt. Michael Wells. From 2015 to 2018, there were several fatalities on Citrus Heights roadways each year.
Wells also said in an email Wednesday that speed is now a confirmed factor in the April 23 collision, but investigators are still “uncertain if it was the primary collision factor at this time.”
Police did not release the names of those killed in the collision, but the Sacramento County Coroner’s website lists the death of 26-year-old Alvin Ramos of Sacramento, as occurring on April 23 at 8:19 p.m., at Auburn Boulevard and Charwood Lane. A 28-year-old female also has a death date listed at occurring at 8:19 p.m. the same day, but the location of the death is not listed on the coroner’s website.
Police said the incident occurred in the area of Auburn Boulevard and Charwood Lane, about a quarter-mile from Greenback Lane. A memorial site can be seen under a street light in the area.
“On behalf of the Citrus Heights Police Department, our condolences to the families who have lost loved ones in this tragic collision,” said Police Chief Ron Lawrence in a statement sent to The Sentinel. “We also hope for a speedy and healthy recovery to those survivors who were injured in the collision.”
A father and his six-year-old daughter are still recovering after a head-on collision in Citrus Heights left them seriously injured and killed two others.
Thanks for reading The Sentinel. You are either trying to access subscribers-only content or you have reached your limit of 4 free articles per 30 days. Click here to sign in or subscribe.