More in Business:
Sentinel staff report–
Want to support a local nonprofit? It can be as simple as choosing where to purchase fireworks.
Fireworks stands often represent a major annual fundraiser for various nonprofit organizations in Citrus Heights, with some reporting net revenue of upwards of $10,000 in a week or less of sales. Several local nonprofits told The Sentinel their profit margin on sales range from around 28-35%, depending on rent paid for the space and other fees.
In Citrus Heights, there are a total of 19 licensed fireworks stands this year, according to the city. While a visit to one may help a local little league, making a purchase a few blocks up the street could support police or a local church.
The following is a list of locations and the name of the organization in charge of the stand, as provided by the city’s Community Development department:
- Antelope Road Christian Fellowship: 7951 Antelope Rd.
- Bella Vista High Band Boosters: 5425 Sunrise Blvd.
- Church of the Harvest: 7951 Auburn Blvd.
- Cobra Baseball Club:
- 6916-6920 Sunrise Blvd.
- 8001 Greenback Ln.
- Citrus Heights Police: 6920-7030 Auburn Blvd.
- First Apostolic Church: 7400 Greenback Ln.
- Friends Church: 7070 Woodmore Oaks Drive
- Job’s Daughters Bethel: 8421 Auburn Blvd.
- Knights of Columbus: 7817 Old Auburn Rd.
- Royal Stage Christian Performing Arts
- 6422-6458 Tupelo Drive
- 8525 Auburn Blvd.
- Sunrise Girls Softball: 7147 Greenback Ln.
- Sunrise Little League: 7601 Sunrise Blvd.
- SOAR Neighborhood Assoc: 7901 Greenback Ln.
- Tabernacle Baptist Church: 6425 Antelope Rd.
- American Legion: 7920 Old Auburn Rd.
- Byers Gymnastics: 7000 Sunrise Blvd.
- Romanian Christian Fellowship: 7963 Auburn Blvd.
Fireworks stands in Sacramento County were allowed to begin sales on Sunday and will continue through July 4.
Thanks for reading The Sentinel. You are either trying to access subscribers-only content or you have reached your limit of 5 free articles per 30 days. Click here to sign in or subscribe.