Sentinel staff report–
Metro Fire crews responded to a blaze at a duplex unit under construction on San Simeon Drive in Citrus Heights on Saturday.
In a post on social media, Metro Fire said the fire was reported around 12:20 p.m. on Jan. 8, where crews on the roof cut holes to assist with ventilation while firefighters inside were able to put out a fire that was burning inside a wall separating the duplex’s two units.
Officials said crews were fortunate to have “made it just in time to stop the fire from spreading through the entire attic space.” Multiple photos from the incident were posted by Metro Fire, showing crews fighting the active fire.
The burned unit was described as being under construction, and the cause of fire was determined to be accidental, Metro Fire said. No injuries were reported.
Officials did not say whether there were working smoke detectors on the property, but reminded residents to “check your smoke detectors monthly for proper function and operation.”