More in Community:
The City of Citrus Heights has unveiled its latest “Top 20” list for the month of June, featuring a community-generated compilation of the top natural scenic spots to enjoy in the city.
Various parks in the city make up roughly half the list, with other popular picks including Calvary Cemetery Vineyard on Verner Avenue and the historic Rusch Home garden on Antelope Road.
The list was presented during the city council’s June 8 meeting and was also published on the city’s website. City staff said the list was compiled using community submissions via social media and was published in alphabetical order.
The list is part of a “Top 20” series of lists compiled by the city and released each month during 2017 in celebration of the 20th anniversary since Citrus Heights became a city in 1997. Past lists have included top 20 leaders and top 20 oldest local businesses.
The list of top 20 natural scenic spots to enjoy in Citrus Heights is included below in alphabetical order, along with addresses:
- Arcade Creek Park Preserve, 6377 Bonham Cir.
- Brooktree Open Space, 6800 Dunmore Ave.
- Calvary Cemetery Vineyard, 7101 Verner Ave.
- Christ the King Retreat Center, 6520 Van Maren Ln.
- Cripple Creek
- Crosswoods Community, 6742 Auburn Blvd.
- Edgecliff/Cripple Creek Open Space, 8233 Newbridge Way
- Historical Rusch Home Garden, 7301 Antelope Rd.
- Madera Park, 8046 Wonder St.
- Northwoods Park, 8236 Old Ranch Rd.
- Old Auburn Multi-Use Trail, Old Auburn/Orelle Creek Ct.
- Park Oaks Open Space,
- Rusch Park, 7801 Auburn Blvd.
- Stock Ranch Oak Grove, 6462 Cedar Ranch Dr.
- Stock Ranch Nature Trails, 6462 Cedar Ranch Dr.
- Shadowcreek Park, 6250 Woodcreek Dr.
- Sylvan Ranch Community Garden, Stock Ranch/Sylvan Road.
- Twin Creeks Park, 7201 Starflower Dr.
- Van Maren Park, 6601 Thalia Wy.
- Westwood Park, 8100 Butternut Dr.
Thanks for reading The Sentinel. You have either reached your limit of 5 free articles per 30 days, or your subscription has expired. Click here to sign in or subscribe.