Sentinel staff report–
Sales of “safe and sane” fireworks are often one of the biggest annual fundraisers for various nonprofits, with sales legally allowed to begin June 28 at noon and continue through July 4.
As of Friday last week, the city reported a total of 19 fireworks stands being issued licenses in Citrus Heights this year. Purchases from one location may help a local little league, while making that same purchase a few blocks up the street could support police or a local church.
The following is a list of licensed locations and the name of the organization in charge of the stand, as provided by the City Clerk’s office:
- Antelope Road Christian Fellowship: 7951 Antelope Rd.
- Bella Vista High Band Boosters: 6177 Sunrise Blvd.
- Church of the Harvest: 7951 Auburn Blvd.
- Cobra Baseball Club:
- 6916-6920 Sunrise Blvd.
- 8001 Greenback Ln.
- Citrus Heights Police Officers Association: 7027 Sylvan Rd.
- Citrus Heights Little League: 7548 Old Auburn Rd.
- Citrus Heights Community Church: 6041 Greenback Ln.
- First Apostolic Church: 7400 Greenback Ln.
- Friends Church: 7070 Woodmore Oaks Drive
- Job’s Daughters Bethel: 8421 Auburn Blvd.
- Knights of Columbus: 7817 Old Auburn Rd.
- Romanian Christian Fellowship:
- 7920 Old Auburn Rd. (benefiting Cornerstone Christian School)
- 8144 Auburn Blvd.
- Royal Stage Christian Performing Arts
- 6400 Antelope Rd.
- 7147 Greenback Ln.
- Sunrise Little League: 7601 Sunrise Blvd.
- SOAR Neighborhood Assoc: 7901 Greenback Ln.
- Tabernacle Baptist Church: 6425 Antelope Rd.
An ordinance made permanent by the Citrus Heights City Council in April prohibits setting off fireworks after 11 p.m., including those labeled “safe and sane.” The ordinance also allows authorities to cite landlords and those deemed “social hosts,” if illegal fireworks were discharged on the property.